Michaels is well known as one of the leading arts and crafts retailers, with over 1,200 stores across the U.S. and Canada. From fabric and yarn to framing supplies and faux flowers, Michaels offers an incredible selection of products for makers and DIYers.
However, many crafters and artists shy away from shopping at Michaels due to perceptions that their products are more expensive than other retailers. In reality, there are numerous ways to save significant amounts of money at Michaels – you just need to know how to find and use coupons, deals and member perks to your advantage!
This comprehensive guide will provide tips, tricks and hacks to stretch your dollar and get the most bang for your buck when shopping at Michaels. We’ll cover topics such as:
- How to Find the Best Michaels Coupons Online
- Maximizing Michaels App Coupons & Offers
- Stacking Coupons & Sales for Maximum Savings
- Getting the Most out of the Michaels Rewards Program
- In-Store Coupon Policies & Price Matching
- Seasonal Sales Cycles & Promotions to Watch For
- Creative Ways to Get Free Stuff at Michaels
Follow this guide and you’ll discover how easy it is to save 20%, 50% or even up to 90% off regular prices at Michaels!
How to Find the Best Michaels Coupons Online
The first step to savings is knowing where to find the best Michaels coupons available at any given time. While they do send out mailed flyers and email promotions to rewards members, you can find all of their available coupons and printable promo codes online.
Here are the top sites to check for the latest Michaels coupons:
Michaels Website Coupons & Promos Page
- Browse https://www.michaels.com/coupons to find available coupons and promo codes
- New coupons are added frequently, so check back often
- You can also sign up for email and get notified of new coupons
DealsPlus Michaels Coupon Page
- Aggregates the latest promo codes and tested/verified offers
- Easy to browse and search for specific discounts
- Filters help find coupons for categories like framing, floral, and more
DealsNews Michaels Coupon Page
- Rounds up newest coupons and sales from Michaels
- Lets you preview offers before clicking through
- Tracks coupon success rates as voted by users
In addition to these main coupon hubs, search engines can uncover Michaels promo codes on blogs, forums, and deal sharing sites. Add terms like “20% off entire purchase” or “free shipping no minimum” to narrow down results.
Be Wary of Suspicious Coupon Sites
When searching for Michaels coupons online, stick to reputable sites like the examples above. Some shady blogs claim to have special promo codes but are just trying to generate traffic and ad revenue. Only trust coupons that can be verified on the Michaels website.
Maximizing Michaels App Coupons & Offers
The Michaels app is free to download on iOS and Android devices and offers exclusive mobile coupons you won’t find anywhere else. These app coupons typically offer very generous discounts, so be sure to check the app before shopping:
- Sign Up Bonus: Get a coupon for 50-60% off a single regular priced item when you first create an account.
- Earn Rewards: Get a coupon for 20% your entire purchase after spending $50 through the app. Can be used with other coupons.
- Birthday Offer: Receive a coupon for 25% off your total purchase 3-5 days before your birthday. Valid for 7 days.
- App Exclusive Deals: Special discounts and flash sales that are only advertised in the app and not sent through email or mailed.
- Digital Scratch-Offs: Redeem points from purchases for chances to win instant savings between 25-50% off.
- Free Shipping: Many app-exclusive coupons come with free standard shipping.
Be sure to enable push notifications in the Michaels app settings to get alerts about new coupons and promos. And don’t forget to check the app before going in-store to take advantage of mobile savings!
Stacking Coupons & Sales for Maximum Michaels Savings
Once you’ve gathered up all the best coupons, it’s time to put them to use! The key is layering multiple promo codes, sales and rewards discounts to maximize your savings. Michaels allows coupon stacking as long as the offers are valid and different coupon codes are used.
Pair Coupons with Sale Items
If an item you need is already on sale, look for an additional coupon to stack on top. For example, get an extra 20% off with a coupon code on top of a 50% off sale item. This is an easy way to save even more.
Combine Category Coupons
If you have a coupon for 20% off one full-price item, and a separate coupon for 50% off picture frames, use them together in one transaction. Just make sure each discount applies to the appropriate eligible items.
Apply Total Purchase Coupons Last
If you have a coupon for 20% off your total purchase, hold off on using this until the end when all sale prices and item-specific coupons have been applied. This way your 20% off will work on top of all other savings.
Don’t Forget Rewards Discounts
Get an additional 5-15% off your pre-tax purchase subtotal when you use your Michaels Rewards discounts and coupons together. We’ll explain how to maximize rewards next.
With the right combination of stackable coupons and sales, you can save more than 70-80% off original prices at Michaels!
Getting the Most out of the Michaels Rewards Program
Signing up for the free Michaels Rewards program provides access to exclusive coupons and tiered discounts based on how much you spend. To maximize rewards benefits:
- Earn Points: Get 1 point for every $1 spent, 100 points for each product review, and bonus points during special promos.
- Reach Milestone Levels: Higher tiers (Star, Elite, Elite Plus) unlock extra discounts like 5%, 10%, 15% off purchases.
- Redeem Rewards: 500 points can be redeemed for $5 reward to use on a future purchase. Or redeem for exclusive rewards.
- Use Member Coupons: Special coupons like 20-25% off entire purchase are sent to rewards members via email or mailed flyers.
- Earn Free Gifts: Redeem 2500 points for a $10 gift reward you can use to purchase any merchandise.
- Take Advantage of Bonus Points Events: Occasional storewide or category-specific point boosters help rack up points faster.
- Get a Birthday Reward: Receive a $5 reward coupon during your birthday month.
Maximizing your Michaels Rewards benefits makes saving a lot easier. Make sure to provide an updated email and mailing address so you never miss out on member-only promotions!
In-Store Coupon Policies & Price Matching
Using coupons at Michaels stores is easy, but there are a few policies to keep in mind:
- Acceptable Coupon Forms: Printed paper coupons, presented on mobile screens, or coupon codes typed manually.
- Expired Coupons: Expired coupons cannot be accepted – make sure it is valid for the current date.
- Limit 1 Coupon Per Item: You can’t stack multiple coupons on a single product. Use each coupon for a different item.
- Can’t Combine Identical Coupons: Only one of each unique coupon code can be used in a single transaction.
- Excluded Brands: Certain brand name products may be ineligible for additional percentage-off coupons.
- Price Matching: Michaels will match current competitors’ ads and promotions. Some exclusions apply.
When in doubt, or if a coupon code won’t scan or applies incorrectly, the store staff has the ability to enter coupon codes manually to make sure you get your full intended savings.
Seasonal Sales Cycles & Promotions to Watch For
Michaels rotates through major seasonal sales months for specific categories. Mark your calendars for these recurring storewide and category promos:
- January: Post-holiday sales on Christmas décor, winter items up to 75% off.
- February: Valentine’s Day sales on floral, plus candy, cards, décor up to 50% off.
- March/April: Spring sales on outdoor décor, garden items, floral up to 40% off.
- May: Weekly sales leading up to Memorial Day, summer décor up to 50% off.
- July: Patriotic sales around 4th of July, plus outdoor/summer up to 60% off.
- September: Back to school sales on kids’ art supplies, before transitioning to Halloween.
- October: Halloween décor and costume supplies 50-75% off.
- November: Pre-Black Friday sales, then Black Friday ad with big savings storewide.
- December: After Christmas sales, then build up to Valentine’s Day again.
Watch for sitewide savings like 15-20% off your total purchase leading up to peak holidays like Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day when stores are flooded with seasonal items.
Creative Ways to Get Free Stuff at Michaels
Who doesn’t love free stuff? Luckily there are ways to get Michaels products without spending a dime if you get a little creative:
- Use Rewards Points: Save up 500 points for a free $5 reward, or 2500 points for a $10 reward.
- Enter Contests & Sweepstakes: Michaels frequently runs national and regional contests to win free craft supplies, classes, or studio passes.
- Follow on Social Media: Instagram and Facebook giveaways provide chances to win Michaels gift cards or craft kits.
- Sign Up for Classes: Some weekend classes provide a free project kit or supplies for participants.
- Request Discount Vouchers: Politely ask the manager if they have any vouchers they can provide to offset an expensive purchase.
- Check Clearance Areas: Sometimes already marked down clearance items will get an additional discount at the register.
- Use Competitor Coupons: Joann and Hobby Lobby coupons are sometimes accepted for identical items.
- Ask for Free Sample Materials: Employees may be able to give small samples of new products, fabrics, embellishments etc.
With persistence and creativity, you can reduce your out-of-pocket crafts spending at Michaels by utilizing all their best promos and even scoring free stuff!
Michaels Coupon FAQs
Have more questions about how to use coupons and save money at Michaels craft stores? Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
Are Michaels coupons one-time use?
Most Michaels coupons have a one-time use policy. Exceptions would be coupons sent as part of the Rewards program, which may sometimes allow multiple uses during the validity period.
Where can I find the latest Michaels coupons?
Check their online coupons page, download the Michaels app for mobile coupons, browse third party coupon sites, and look out for mailed flyers and email promos if you are a rewards member. New offers pop up frequently!
Subscribe to our list
Don't worry, we don't spam
How often does Michaels send coupon emails?
Coupon emails are typically sent 2-3 times per month to rewards members. They ramp up around peak holiday shopping times. You can also opt in to get exclusive email subscriber coupons.
Does Michaels allow using multiple coupons together?
Yes, you can “stack” multiple Michaels coupons, as long as each coupon has a unique code and adheres to the retailer’s usage policies. This lets you combine storewide, category, and total purchase discounts.
Can I use Michaels coupons at other stores?
Unfortunately, Michaels coupons can only be redeemed at Michaels locations and on their website. Competitor coupons may potentially be accepted in some cases.
How long do Michaels eCoupons take to arrive?
When you opt-in for emailed coupons, they are usually delivered within 1 hour, but can occasionally take up to 24 hours during peak volumes. Adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts helps prevent them going to spam.
How can I get Michaels coupons if I don’t have a printer?
You can load eCoupons to your rewards card through the Michaels app, or show them on your smartphone when in stores. Coupon codes can also be provided at checkout.
Get Big Savings at Michaels with Coupons
As you can see, there are tons of ways to save significant amounts of money at Michaels – you just need to tap into the retailer’s extensive coupon offerings. The key is stacking storewide and category-specific promo codes with sales prices and loyalty rewards discounts for maximum value on every purchase.
Armed with the tips in this guide, you can stretch your crafting budget much further and afford to stock up on all the essential supplies your projects require without breaking the bank! Be sure to check the Michaels website, app and third party coupon sites regularly as new offers are added constantly. Get ready to grab huge savings on gorgeous fabrics, fun crafts for kids, trendy faux florals, framing must-haves and so much more!